Friday, November 29, 2013

Letter Home- September 23rd, 2013


I thought that this would be an easier way to email all of you since I pretty much say the same things to you anyway. Plus, now theres no excuse for getting my blog updated :)

Anyway, this week has been absolutely incredible. On Tuesday night we invited one of the recent move in families, the ******, over to a lesson with ***** and ********. They were instant friends. Honestly, I've never seen fellowship work that well! The ****** had them over twice this week for a dinner date and everything was just really going well there. Ha, we didn't really get a lesson in on Tuesday, but that's ok. All we were hoping for was for them to just mesh well with ***** and ****** and talk. So, it was perfect!
On Thursday we went out to Belfair to do some activites at Zion's camp. Elder Cichoski and I were over the trust fall. It was amazing how many missionaries didn't listen to the little rules that we gave them for their safety. We propbably had at least 3 people draw blood on that element just because they let their fear take control. However, ours wasn't the only element that resulted in injuries... We had the ropes course trainer with us since our element was the most dangerous and she made an interesting comment of how she could tell the obedient missionaries from the dis-obedient missionaries just from that one exercise. Ha, she was spot on! However, I think overall the mission had a great time there and really learned a lot. We did a cool exercise where we each wrote something down on a small sheet of paper that inhibited us or that was like a barrier to our full communication to God. We each got up and threw that piece of paper in the fire pit symbolizing our newfound committment to work on that item and try to be better missionaries. I don't think I'll ever forget how I felt that day.

Saturday probably was the best day of the week! We had two baptisms that day: ******, the 10 year old boy, and ****, one of the sister's investigators. You know all about ******, but let me tell you a little bit about ****. So, she has been investigating the church for the past two months with the sister missionaries in the other ward. She is homeless, but really has a desire to grow closer to God and change her life. The sisters found out that she might be getting housing soon on our side of town, so they handed her over and told us to take care of her baptism. I just love it when baptisms fall into my lap! Our ward has really taken her under it's wing and is helping her so much. I love this ward.

On Sunday we had the confirmations. Everything went well and both were confirmed. It's always nice when everything goes smoothly :)

So yeah, it's been a great week! Hopefully we'll be having another baptism this weekend.... I'll keep you posted. Love you and I'll talk to y'all soon.

Love,

Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment