Friday, November 29, 2013

Letter Home- October 7th, 2013


Wasn't General Conference incredible. I think this was the first General Conference where I felt that every talk had something for me. I guess that's what happens when you tune in a little bit more. I really enjoyed President Uchtdorft's talk on stading up after you fall. I couldn't help but think of all the less active members we are currently working with and how that message would be perfect for them. I'll be printing out lot's of copies of that talk in the next few weeks :)

Thank you so much for that final email you sent last week. It's been a hard week.

This past transfer meeting I had to say goodbye to Elder Gray. I don't know if you remember me telling you about him, but we served together my second transfer and quickly became good friends. It was hard to say goodbye, and I have been noticing just how many of my good friends have left the WA-TAC: Parry, Gray, Thornton, West, Fa'aliou, Grenfel, and so many others. Who knew a mission would be such a bitter-sweet time! I guess that's part of life though. If nothing else I am thankful for the truly good people I have been able to meet so far.

Hopefully next week will be a little more upbeat. Maybe by then I'll be used to the rain and cold and see everything in a new light. I love you and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Burton

P.S. We made new thank you cards today, so expect one in the mail soon. Oh, and Monika is SO pregnant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment