Friday, November 29, 2013

Letter Home- October 28th, 2013


I was so excited to see the pics mom sent me of Mikaela! Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting to see my new niece today :) How long did it take Monika? I know she was incredibly fast with Lukas. Oh man, I'm so excited :)

This week was really good. The exchange in Forks went well and Elder Hainey and I had a great time together. He's probably one of my favorites out here. He's only been out for a few transfers, but he is a really good missionary. I was able to interview their investigator ******* while I was up there. I've never done an interview like that before! It went really well though and it was just amazing to hear his life story. He went from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs in a matter of weeks all because of the gospel. I heard a quote once that really touched me: When you hit rock bottom, be sure that Christ is that rock. Isn't that just perfect?! I know, it's great. It's amazing how much the gospel changes people for the better.

That's actually what President Weaver and I chatted about in my interview with him. We talked about how much I have changed on my mission for the better and how that's what a mission is for! I don't think there will be any pics of me on the blog since Sis Weaver wasn't able to come up and take pics of us. SORRY! I'll have to send you some pics in the mail.

We've been talking a lot with the lady that cuts our hair, ******. She said that since her blessing she drank once and it made her really sick! Ha, God works in mysterious ways ;) She has invited us to come over and start having the set discussions with her and her family. Can't wait!

Ha, so I have to tell you a funny story. We have been meeting with this woman named ***** and we set up a church tour for this past Friday. We showed up to her house and she hopped in her car ready to follow us to the church. We made it all the way to the last turn and when I turned right she went straight through the light..... Oh gosh, it was horrible. We caught up with her later in the day just to make sure she found her way back home and she said she glanced away just for a second and then we weren't in front of her anymore! So, she just turned around and went back home so she wouldn't get too lost. Ha, we'll have to try again this week and have someone drive her.

I think that's about all to update you on. I hope you have a great week and have fun in Oklahoma this weekend! Say hi to everyone for me :)

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment