Saturday, December 29, 2012

Letter Home- November 19th, 2012

Seriously, where has the time gone! I swear it was just yesterday that I was saying goodbye and entering the MTC. But, it's Thanksgiving! I'm really going to miss your stuffing and all the delicious food that you cook PERFECTLY. However, we are going to a member's house who was a chef in New York for quite a while. My expectations are high....

I wanted to let you know about a cool event I got to participate in this past week. So, Wednesday night Elder Thornton called me letting me know that there was going to be a baptism on Saturday that I needed to go to. Of course, I asked who it was that was being baptized and he said K_____ S______. She is this 9 year old girl in a less active family that I had the privilege of teaching every week last transfer. The whole S______ family was super accepting and really seemed to enjoy me especially. The family is full of kids so I had a great time being with them too. Anyway, Elder Thornton then told me to be sure to bring white pants. I was like umm, wait what? Turns out K______ requested me to baptize her! CRAZY HUH? So, Saturday came and I baptized K______. It was awesome :) The Spirit was so strong and I could feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for K______ and how proud he is that she made the decision to be baptized.

Anyway, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and that you eat wayyyyy too much :)

Love you and I'll talk to you soon,

Elder Burton




Elder Mathew Burton's first baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment