Saturday, December 29, 2012

Called to Transfer- December 17th, 2012


We got transfer calls this past Saturday! So, I'm no longer serving in Port Orchard. I'm now an Office Elder in Tacoma and I'm training! How crazy is that?! I'm pretty nervous about this transfer, but I'm sure some amazing miracles are going to happen within the next few weeks. It was really hard leaving the Orchard Heights area though. I've really grown attached to the missionaries I was serving with. We definitely had the best district in the whole mission! Our last night together was extremely bitter-sweet for all of us. Speaking of bitter-sweet, transfer day was incredibly emotional. A lot of really good friends gave their final testimonies and the Spirit was incredibly strong. Everyone was crying by the end and singing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" was impossible. I hope I never have to go through a transfer meeting like that again!

So, my new companion's name is Elder Larson. He's from Arizona and really seems like a good missionary already! I think he came pre-trained :) Anyway, I can already tell he's going to be a great companion and I'm definitely going to learn a lot from him.

I love you so much and I'll talk to you really soon :)

-Elder Burton



Elder Burton with the other trainers at a Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment