Saturday, December 29, 2012

Letter Home- December 3, 2012


I can't believe it's already December! 1/8 of my mission is over..... CRAZY.

As a mission, we are currently reading D&C and hope to finish it by Joseph Smith's birthday. It's amazing how scriptures apply to each and every one of us. In my interview with Sister Weaver I shared a scripture that has become a new favorite (D&C 35:13-14). It's all about why God calls us to serve missions at such a young age and the power we can have as we share the gospel. Turns out that's the same one she wanted to share with me! Ha, funny how that works sometimes.

It's amazing how the scriptures can solve any problem people have. If they are struggling and are having a hard time making it out to church you might want to instigate a "Scripture of the Day" with them. You can text them a few scriptures from the Book of Mormon that are related and based off a subject. That way, they have the opportunity to read just a few scriptures a day.

Tell M___ I say hi! I really miss my second mom :) We are all going to have to party it up when I get back :) Oh, and be sure to say hi to G___ and T_____ for me too. I appreciate everyone back home so much more after being away from them. I miss Austin soooooo much!

Well, I have to go, but I love you so much and miss you! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,
Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment