Saturday, December 29, 2012

Letter Home- December 10, 2012


This week was absolutely incredible. This past Saturday was especially good because I had 4 people that I've been working with get baptized! In the morning A___ and R___ D_____ (9 year old twins) got baptized. I was able to baptize A___ which was really cool. I was talking to R___ right after his baptism and he said something that really stuck with me. He said "I didn't know I would feel this happy after being baptized." How awesome is that?! It's so amazing to see how little children can even tell how the gospel can change lives and really help improve the lives of anyone willing to come unto Christ. Their less active mother and brother were able to make it and really loved the service. Their non-member dad even made it! Then, on Sunday, they were confirmed members at church (the first time they had been to church in quite a while). They all had a great time at church and I'm sure we'll be seeing them much more. That night Elder Bell and I traveled over to Bremerton so I could see C____ and S_______'s baptism. They were two investigators I worked with last transfer. They have each had to overcome so many challenges in their lives, but since hearing the sweet message of the gospel they have made so much progress. I have never seen them as happy as they were on the day of their baptism. I love the influence I am able to be a part of as we teach people about our Savior!

Other than that, the week was pretty slow. We are still giving it our all, but with the winter drawing in everyone seems to be shutting us out. I think the lack of sun really affects people in Washington.

Oh, so you wanted to know some of my favorite scriptures: D&C 35:13-14 is definitely my favorite

Anyway, I love you and hope you have a great week.

Love you and I'll talk to you soon :)

-Elder Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment